For the full album in Picasa click here.
Sleeping on the plane ride there:
Pro plane rider!
Cute amenities in the crib:
Surprise anniversary flowers from DH (he also gave me a spa day with an in-room babysitter for the LO):
Room service works pretty well when you are traveling with a baby:
Coordinating mommy baby cover ups:
First time in the pool:
Dressed for a big night out:
Favorite hotel room activity, looking out the window:
On the way home... pwned it!
So some of my thoughts on the trip are:
- Traveling with a baby is not as bad as I thought it would be. In fact, it was pretty simple. The toughest part was having to pump.
- We got by without a stroller. This actually helped a lot. I was able to carry the LO in the Ergo carrier, use our backpack diaper bag (this thing rocked) and also carry a shoulder bag and roll my suitcase. We did check the suitcase but I was able to easily carry the baby and two bags on and off the plane. Also we were able to borrow a stroller from the hotel so that's worth checking into.
- There was less food available for the LO than I would have thought. She was picky about yogurt (she eats the Greek kind at home and they didn't have it) and it was tough to find stuff she could eat. I wish I would have brought a better variety of baby food. I brought the plum organics stuff because the packaging is nice for travel but it's definitely not her favorite. She ate more milk to compensate so the pumping was helpful there.
- We almost didn't make the plane on the way there. We had some snags with my ticket checking in that we didn't plan for and it also took them a while to scan my bottles of breast milk. They had to put each bottle through this machine so that was a drag. The Austin airport had a much better system for this but if you're bringing milk/juice through LAX, be prepared to wait.
- We didn't get evil looks from anyone bringing the LO on the plane. I was surprised about that. But she is so good-natured, she didn't cry once. She just played happily or slept.
- The Gerber puffs came in handy more than once. They were very entertaining.
We had a great time and are looking forward to the holiday weekend. We're going to visit Lola tomorrow so that will be fun. Perhaps more time in the pool!